Engineering Line Technician
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 4 on, 4 off (nights, 18:00 - 6:00)
Salary: £25,000 per annum
We currently have a vacancy for an Engineering Line Technician on a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern (nights, working 6pm till 6am). The successful candidate will be required to improve the reliability of plant machinery by carrying out planned maintenance as part of the TPM team. Ensuring startups are efficient by supporting the handovers from Hygiene to ensure no delays in production time.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Carry-out PM inspections according to skill level.
- Carry out planned maintenance inspections & basic maintenance as required.
- Carry out line safety pre-start checks ensuring all aspects of safety equipment is functional and in full working condition and all production equipment i.e. platen pins, hoops, cups etc are present and in good condition.
- Carry out product tooling changes ensuring that these are completed in a timely manner and to the required standard. Ensure all tooling, spares not currently in production is stored safely and in the correct location. All equipment not in production is to be, where necessary, stripped, cleaned and a thorough inspection carried out. Identify and rectify any issues, following relevant PM's/SOP's/OEM specifications.
- Carry out scheduled asset care assigned PPM's including lubrication to OEM specification, routine tasks and visual inspections. Ensure all tasks are recorded using CMMS (Pirana).
- Provide support to the engineering function where necessary. Initiate and lead RCA's.
Skills and Qualifications
- Manufacturing Industry experience an advantage – any Industry considered: Packaging, Food, FMCG (Maintenance environment preferred).
- Training to be provided to attain minimum NVQ L2.
Any Formal Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualifications an advantage
Riverside Bakery (part of Addo Food Group) is the UK’s leading chilled quiche manufacturer. The business has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team, focused on driving product innovation and quality in its category. The bakery has had significant investment in the last few years which has allowed the business to develop new state of the art manufacturing assets, ranging from being highly automated to highly flexible.
The business is the leading supplier of retailer-branded chilled quiche, flans and savoury tarts into Asda, M&S, and Sainsbury’s.
Our vision is to be the most trusted and innovative chilled food manufacturer in the UK. Whilst our core business will always be centred on savoury pastry, our innovation agenda will also take us into new food markets where we can build a sustainable position.
Riverside Bakery is a great place to work and we believe that stems from the quality of the people we employ. We believe in providing our staff with a working environment that encourages opportunity and allows potential to be fulfilled. We also embrace diversity. Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive pay; pension; occupational health; subsidised employee canteen; long service awards; and an employee car park.