Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 17:00
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Riverside Bakery (part of Addo Food Group) is the UK’s leading chilled quiche manufacturer. The business has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team, focused on driving product innovation and quality in its category. The bakery has had significant investment in the last few years which has allowed the business to develop new state of the art manufacturing assets, ranging from being highly automated to highly flexible.
The business is the leading supplier of retailer-branded chilled quiche, flans and savoury tarts into Asda, M&S, and Sainsbury’s.
Our vision is to be the most trusted and innovative chilled food manufacturer in the UK. Whilst our core business will always be centred on savoury pastry, our innovation agenda will also take us into new food markets where we can build a sustainable position.
We are looking for a QA Supervisor to join our team on a permanent basis. The role is based in a fast-paced chilled food environment, which requires initiative and an ability to “think on your feet”.
You will play a key role in ensuring that food quality standards are set and maintained in the manufacturing environment which can deliver the specified standard of product to the customer all the time, every time andwithin the requirements of the law and good manufacturing practice. .
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all QA activities are carried out in a safe manner. Investigate any safety concerns connected with QA Activities.
- To support the production team on resolving product food safety and quality issues and maintaining consistency across all shifts
- To support the management team during external audits/customer visits - either through shop floor presence or documentation acquisition and presentation.
- To undertake audits on processes, documentation and procedures to verify compliance to the Food Safety / Quality Management procedures. To follow up and verify actions.
- Ensure QA audits of paperwork consistent across all shifts.
- To support investigations with QA Operations, Hygiene or Engineering staff into specific incidents i.e. foreign body contamination, quality rejections, Microbiological or Nutritional issues or Internal or External Panel issues.
- Problem solve issues with X-Ray /Metal detectors/High and Low Risk Check-weighers Autocoding systems and log issues with learning.
- Develop QA staff so that audits / sampling/ paneling etc. are carried out in the same manner by all staff and that actions are consistent and reports of findings and action are consistent across shifts.
- To support the Development Team during the concept to launch process to ensure all new products, once launched, comply with all current systems. Specifically ensuring that all Tares, Check-weighers, Foreign Body detectors and QA paperwork changes are in place before launch.
- Management of the use of the External Laboratory services used to ensure that product lists and suites are updated to ensure a smooth running of day to day sampling procedures.
Riverside Bakery is a great place to work and we believe that stems from the quality of the people we employ. We believe in providing our staff with a working environment that encourages opportunity and allows potential to be fulfilled. We also embrace diversity. Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive pay; pension; occupational health; subsidised employee canteen; long service awards; and an employee car park.