Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 4 on 4 off
We are looking for a three engineers to join our team on a permanent basis working a 4 on, 4 off permanent nights shift pattern. The role is based in a fast-paced chilled food environment, which requires initiative and an ability to “think on your feet”.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all reactive and proactive maintenance work, whilst making sure it is carried out to the highest possible standards across the whole of the site;
- Expected to carry out all maintenance across the factory, in both a low care and high care environment;
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery;
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently, either alone and/or as part of a team;
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output;
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPI’s through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance;
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work;
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that that there is low Engineering down-time;
- Improve OEE
The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Experience in a food manufacturing or FMCG background
- Skilled engineers with formal qualifications (ONC Minimum, NVQ3 preferred)
- Engineering knowledge both electrical and mechanical, electically biased preferred
Riverside Bakery (part of Addo Food Group) is the UK’s leading chilled quiche manufacturer. The business has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team, focused on driving product innovation and quality in its category. The bakery has had significant investment in the last few years which has allowed the business to develop new state of the art manufacturing assets, ranging from being highly automated to highly flexible.
The business is the leading supplier of retailer-branded chilled quiche, flans and savoury tarts into Asda, M&S, and Sainsbury’s.
Our vision is to be the most trusted and innovative chilled food manufacturer in the UK. Whilst our core business will always be centred on savoury pastry, our innovation agenda will also take us into new food markets where we can build a sustainable position.
Riverside Bakery is a great place to work and we believe that stems from the quality of the people we employ. We believe in providing our staff with a working environment that encourages opportunity and allows potential to be fulfilled. We also embrace diversity. Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive pay; pension; occupational health; subsidised employee canteen; long service awards; and an employee car park.