2nd Line IT Engineer
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8.30-17.00
Salary: £25,214 plus £5,700 car allowance
The position is to provide 2nd line IT support to Palethorpes Bakery on a daily basis.
- Receive escalated incidents from the Service Desk and prioritise workload to ensure all incidents are resolved within SLA.
- Work within a team of 2nd Line IT Engineers to ensure Group wide incident resolution SLAs are met.
- Support the wider IT Operations team in Problem Management by performing root cause analysis tasks as directed by the Head of IT Operations.
- Work with the Systems Administration team to resolve core infrastructure issues resulting in on site system inefficiencies or service interruptions.
- Support the Innovations and Projects team by providing time and expertise to support the delivery of projects on budget, on time and to the right quality.
- Communicate updates and pertinent information to the Customer group as required.
- Form part of the Out of Hours team taking turns on a shift based process to cover the out of hours as defined in the Service Catalogue.
- In-depth understanding of the Groups’ technological landscape enabling the provision of a customer focused IT support service.
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office365, Microsoft Client/Server networking, VPNs, WANs and application software is essential.
- A working knowledge of the Infor M3 ERP system is desirable.
- Broad experience of acting as a Point of Contact for all service related questions.
- Demonstrate opening questioning, faulting finding, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience of working as part of a geographically diverse IT function.
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple workstreams including incident resolution and project work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of engaging with multiple stakeholders and prioritise activity accordingly.
- Demonstrable experience of ownership of key customer issues / problems and the ability to follow up the status of escalations.
- Communicate progress in a timely manner.
Download Job Description