Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 18:00pm - 06:00am
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking to recruit a Group Leader to work in Wrap 2 within a fast paced food manufacturing environment on a Permanent contract.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity.
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills and have the following responsibilities:
- To promote a safety culture within the area, ensuring that all health and safety, quality and hygiene requirements are met
- Support the Lead Op & teams to ensure that targets are met
- Plan and control manning levels for your team within guidelines
- Liaise with Engineering, Hygiene and other internal suppliers to minimise downtime
- Developing, coaching and empowering your people to deliver plan
- Challenging current practise to maximise the effectiveness of your department
- Proactively assist on projects
Shift: 4 on 4 off – B Shift Nights
Hours: 18.00pm – 06.00am
- A practical approach to problem solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills will also be required.
- Key to your success will be your ability to achieve operational results through your team of people.
- Accuracy – attention to detail.
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive Salary from £28,285.29 per annum (Inclusive of Night Shift Allowance)
- Company Pension
- 24 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays and public holidays)
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for nearly 50 years, a milestone we are looking forward to celebrating with the local community in 2017.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this
vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!