Engineering Supervisor - Nights
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 4 on 4 off 18:00 to 06:00
Riverside Bakery (part of Addo Food Group) is the UK’s leading chilled quiche manufacturer. The business has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team, focused on driving product innovation and quality in its category. The bakery has had significant investment in the last few years which has allowed the business to develop new state of the art manufacturing assets, ranging from being highly automated to highly flexible.
The business is the leading supplier of retailer-branded chilled quiche, flans and savoury tarts into Asda, M&S, and Sainsbury’s.
Our vision is to be the most trusted and innovative chilled food manufacturer in the UK. Whilst our core business will always be centred on savoury pastry, our innovation agenda will also take us into new food markets where we can build a sustainable position.
Supervising a team of Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineers on a 4 on 4 off Night shift.
This is a hands-on role to cover all of the Maintenance Engineering activities on nights and assist the coordination and completion of the Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules across all company’s production machinery.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist management in direct oversight of department’s daily operation.
- Supervise and participate in the completion of the assigned PMs to ensure departmental KPI’s.
- Clear communication of breakdowns and repairs done by verbal, email and by populating the Engineering shift report.
- Perform major repair of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to Identify and implement improvements to the PMs to make them more effective.
- Develop and maintain relations with the Planned Maintenance Manager, Operations, QA / Technical on manufacturing and operational concerns.
- Supervise the pre- startup of production equipment.
- Identify efficiency opportunities and improvements to plant to enhance operation productivity.
- Company procedures, legislation and good working practices are adhered too.
- Assign, train, develop and supervise work of engineering on shift.
The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Manufacturing Industry experience – Industry considered: Packaging, Food, FMCG (Maintenance environment preferred)
- Ability to lead and help motivate a team of Engineers
- Electrical bias
- Good fault finding skills
Riverside Bakery is a great place to work and we believe that stems from the quality of the people we employ. We believe in providing our staff with a working environment that encourages opportunity and allows potential to be fulfilled. We also embrace diversity. Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive pay; pension; occupational health; subsidised employee canteen; long service awards; and an employee car park.