Group Packaging Development Manager
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: Mon-Fri, 8.30-17.00
Addo Food Group is a premium producer of chilled savoury pastry products in our markets, we exist to drive category innovation and profitable growth through customer insight and a shared focus on food excellence.
Our products are developed and produced to the very highest standards at five business locations around the UK, employing around 2,500 colleagues. Each business has its own area of savoury specialism, with expert teams focused on category-leading innovation, building long-standing customer relationships and continually delivering premium quality products and service.
We are currently recruiting for a Group Packaging Development Manager to develop, innovate, lead, and drive processes and projects internally to ensure the Group reduces its environmental impact and enables customers to meet their sustainability goals.
What does the role involve?
Reporting into the Group Technical Director, you will:
- Provide the Group’s site teams with the necessary insight information, skills, and support to ensure that our plastics & packaging knowledge and offer is viewed to be best in class.
- Work with the development and innovation teams to ensure that the Group’s offerings in development proposals are innovative and ensure the Group & Retailers meet their sustainability goals.
- Work with the wider Group Team to develop metrics and measurement tools to provide visibility to stakeholders of the impact of developments
- Build and co-ordinate the Packaging innovation program to ensure that Group has a bank of innovation propositions to meet their/our needs as required.
- Managing packaging projects to ensure the successful sourcing and delivery of new packaging propositions to an agreed quality, cost, and timescale within all innovation & development projects across the Group.
- Building partnerships with internal customers and suppliers to create a Group Packaging Innovation Strategy and packaging reduction programme.
- Analyse, monitor and evaluate key packaging innovation trends and communicate through the circulation of regular updates to the Group highlighting any potential impact to the business.
- Liaise close with packaging experts and suppliers to develop the wider agenda and lead innovation.
This is a brand new role allowing the successful candidate to really make it their own and create the packaging & plastics innovation proposal to meet the Group and key Stakeholder requirements reducing the environmental impact and carbon footprint of the products developed & launched.
What are we looking for?
- Degree/Diploma in packaging technology or an in-depth knowledge of packaging industry with experience in food packaging, plastics, and systems.
- Able to demonstrate experience in delivery, leading and managing projects.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact and influence all teams, areas, and levels of the Group.
- Have excellent analytical, organisational & reporting skills.
- Have passion for the responsibility agenda and be able to create interest and momentum to deliver against the business & CR strategies.