Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 06:00am - 18:00pm
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking to recruit a Supervisor / Lead Operative to work in the Hygiene department within a fast-paced food manufacturing environment.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity.
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills and have the following responsibilities:
- To organise staff so rotation takes place, correct breaks are taken and, where appropriate, changeovers are managed effectively and in a timely manner. Ensure all staff have meaningful tasks.
- To follow instructions given by the Site Hygiene Manager and handover daily outcomes/ feedback/ issues
- Undertake checks that correct procedures are taking place, raise issues found with the relevant team member, escalate to manager if necessary.
- Communicate effectively with peers and all team members
- Complete regular paperwork verifications, and sign as per site procedures
- Complete all required training when asked – CIC’s, Briefs
- To drive a culture of continuous improvement
- To lead by example; challenge poor HSE and GMP behaviour; and encourage good practices
- Good Communication Skills and enthusiasm
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Numerate and literate
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Problem solving
- Good attendance record
- Supervisory or junior management experience
- Experience working in a similar hygiene related role
- Knowledge of Lawson
- Knowledge of Quality Management System
Shift: 4 on 4 off – A Shift Days
Hours: 06:00am – 18:00pm
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A Pay rate of £11.05 per hour
- Company Pension
- 24 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does