Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 06:00am - 18:00pm, 4 on 4 off
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technician on our Day Shift to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic team.
Working Hours: 06:00am - 18:00pm (including 1 hour break)
Shift: 4 on 4 off, Days (Rotating Shift Pattern)
- Maintaining and enhancing relationships with all personnel across all departments.
- Carrying out factory walk rounds on a daily basis, in conjunction with the operations team, to enable GMP standards to be met and maintained.
- Supporting the production teams and other departmental functions in resolving quality and food safety issues.
- Carrying out internal audits, GMP audits, Glass & hard plastic audits, foreign body and customer complaints investigations and support audits by third parties.
- Carrying out traceability from incoming raw materials to finished product dispatch, temperature monitoring and measurement for onsite temperature systems as required.
- TAYGO, Taste panel assessments, raw material & packaging intake inspections as required.
- Making decisions on product food safety, quality and integrity and liaising with the wider Technical team when necessary.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 2 years QA experience
- Good at communicating with all key stakeholders and site management
- Working alone and as part of the night shift team
- Confident in making decisions
- Experience of working in high risk/chilled food manufacturing
- Food Safety & HACCP qualification
- A competitive salary
- Company Pension scheme
- 24 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!