Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 08:30am - 17:00pm
Palethorpes Bakery is an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer. Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation, and integrity.
If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire, and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
We are currently looking for a Management Accountant to complement our existing Finance team.
- Analysis of daily operating performance including material and labour variances to the Site Financial Controller to review at the daily Variance meeting.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack to gross margin including margin variances, purchase and selling price variances, labour, and material variances.
- To oversee preparation and interpretation of daily/weekly/monthly site KPIs.
- To oversee product costing for all new products and investigation of existing costing where an anomaly is identified in the variance reviews.
- Analysis of Sales forecasts and review of promotional proposals and sales provisions.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly results to feed into the Site Financial Controller for site team review and corporate consolidation.
- Input as required into weekly site forecast updates.
- Analysis of costs down to gross margin vs forecasts, identifying risks and opportunities to manage with the Operational team.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations and operation of other Financial Controls as necessary.
- Drive improvements throughout the processes.
- Tracking and forecasting of site Capex projects and site/off site Stock holding including raw materials, packaging, and finished goods.
- Managing a team of 2; Assistant Management Accountant and Finance Technician.
- Ad hoc analysis as required by the Financial Controller.
- Act as deputy on site in the absence of the Financial Controller.
- Experience of Financial Performance Analysis in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of standard costing.
- Experience of Financial Reporting and Forecasting in accordance with group policies and deadlines.
- Part-qualified (QBE) or qualified Management or Certified accountant.