Logistics Group Leader
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 18:00pm - 06:00am, 4 on 4 off
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking for a Logistics Group Leader to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic team.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. As a member of our Logistics Team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities. These will include, but are not limited to:
- To actively promote a safety culture within section, ensuring that all health and safety requirements are met and maintain a safe working environment.
- To ensure that quality standards are delivered in line with customer Codes of practice and site standards, whilst always seeking to improve
- To Maximise the efficient operation of the Despatch and goods in areas, Control of staff deployment.
- Manage with your available resource, and optimise operational performance
- People – To listen, communicate, and acknowledge our employees making our working environment an area to be proud of.
- Other responsibilities - Engaging with the broader business to deliver overall site objective
This list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to support other functions in line with any business needs.
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Hold a management H&S qualification (desirable).
- Have experience in FMCG environments.
- Preferably have an understanding of Transport management.
- Be conversant with and worked with WMS.
- Has been responsible for managing a workforce of more than 10 people.
- Be able to demonstrate a practical logic based approach to problem solving.
- Able to understand the need for good customer service through OTIF.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to understand KPI driven targets.
- Possess a good working ability on Microsoft packages.
- Be able to analyse and interpret data to seek opportunities and drive improvement.
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritise tasks and drive to meet deadlines.
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary of £30,000
- 8% Company Pension
- 24 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does