Taste Panel Coordinator
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 06:00am -18:00pm, 4 on 4 off
Palethorpes Bakery produces chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices. The business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and innovation is high on its agenda. Palethorpes has a strong culture of consumer insight. This is underpinned by in-depth food knowledge, with dedicated on-site development chefs working on new products that are driven by food values and quality.
We are looking to recruit a Taste Panel Coordinator on a permanent basis.
The working hours for this role are 06:00am - 18:00pm on a rolling 4 on 4 off shift pattern. The Taste Panel Coordinator will provide professional and effective support to the factory in relation to product quality issues. You will establish an effective system for the collection and management of finished product retention samples and taste panel schedule, collating lab samples and supporting the QA team in raising GMP standards within the factory environment.
This role requires carrying out key tasks in line with business requirements to ensure product safety, quality and legality are compiled with. These include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out daily taste panels as part of reviewing the quality of products, ensuring these are completed on time (this includes co
- To collect feedback and reviews from taste panels and issue feedback to the operations and technical team
- Ensure the taste panel room and all utensils/ equipment is maintained and cleaned following every panel
- Support the QA team in carrying out factory inspection of equipment, in conjunction with the schedule, to enable GMP/fabrication standards are met and maintained
- Carry out scheduled calibration checks e.g. probe, scales & ovens
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong administrator
- Good understanding of Microsoft packages including Excel
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- 24 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays and public holidays)
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does