Assistant Management Accountant
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 08:30am - 17:00pm Mon - Thurs, 08:30am - 16:00pm F
Palethorpes Bakery is an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer. Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation, and integrity.
If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire, and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to complement our existing Finance team.
- Analysis of daily operating performance including material and labour variances to the Site Management accountant to review at the daily Variance meeting.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts pack to gross margin including margin variances, purchase and selling price variances, labour and material variances.
- Assist in the preparation and interpretation of daily/weekly/monthly site KPIs.
- Assist in product costing for all new products and investigation of existing costing were an anomaly is identified in the variance reviews.
- Analysis of Sales forecasts and review of promotional proposals and sales provisions.
- Input as required in to weekly site forecast updates.
- Analysis of costs down to gross margin vs forecasts, identifying risks and opportunities to manage with the Operational team.
- Drive improvements throughout the processes.
- Ad hoc analysis as required by the Management Accountant
- Experience of Financial Performance Analysis in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of standard costing.
- Experience of Financial Reporting and Forecasting in accordance with group policies and deadlines.