Process Development Manager
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 8am - 5pm
We are looking for an invidual to join our team here at Poole Bakery as our new Process Development Manager.
To effectively deliver NPD and Continuous Improvement agenda, in-line with the Addo Food Group and customer category plans. Ensuring all development is delivered to agreed profitability and timescales, in-line with both Addo and customer requirements.
- Effective delivery of the NPD / EPD process from kitchen handover to launch in line with customer category plans and Addo agenda as directed by the Development Controller.
- Process Trials - Post Kitchen handover
- Ensure all necessary documentation in completed inline with deadlines
- Manage all product launches into factory
- Support of development team from concept to launch
- To understand and drive proactive process development initiatives which push production boundaries
- HND/Degree in food based/manufacturing subject
- Process technologist/manager experience in chilled sector
- HACCP / Food Safety Training
- Customer specification systems
- Management of team experience
- Planning, organisation and project management
- Communicating at different levels of seniority
- Customer communication experience
- Presentation skills
- Experience at leading and running trials
- Analysis of data from trials
- Identifying solutions
- Basic computing skills
- A passion for food / manufacturing
- Problem solving
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow
Poole Bakery produces chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices. The business has been producing products at its current site since 1937 and previously as Millers of Poole.
Home of the Walls pastry brand, Poole Bakery is proud of its dedicated Research & Development Team and Manufacturing Operations, based on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation is high on its agenda. Poole has a strong culture of consumer insight. This is underpinned by in-depth food knowledge, with dedicated on-site development chefs working on new products that are driven by food values and quality.