Health & Safety Advisor
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 08:30am - 17:00pm
Palethorpes Bakery is an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer. We are currently looking for a Safety, Health & Environment Assistant to complement our SHE team on a 12-month Fixed term contract.
The SHE Assistant will provide Administrative and Functional Support to the Safety, Health and Environment Department and Operational Managers responsible for managing HSE issues within their department.
- Assist with the creation & Updates of Risk Assessments, SOP’s and other relevant training documents
- Maintain Accident, Near miss and Action Logs. Chasing any outstanding actions.
- Maintain databases & distribute HSE performance statistics and reports to assist managers monitor HSE performance.
- Maintain databases & distribute HSE performance statistics and reports to assist managers monitor HSE performance
- Maintain the site electronic and hard copy HSE Management Systems
- Assist with the formulation of HSE Briefing documents, notices, posters & leaflets.
- Order HSE related goods & services. E.g. HSE Equipment & Calibration, First Aid Supplies, HSE training & refresher courses.
- Support the provision of First Aid Services & maintain & issue First Aid training documents and communications
- Assist with inspections & replacement of spill kit materials
- Arrange HSE Calibration as required. File records & certificates.
What we are looking for:
- At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative / support role
- Good standard of computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent organisational, communication & analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team
- Health & Safety knowledge – highly advantageous
- Carry out any other rasks as directed by manager
- As part of the role, they may be a need to occasionally work outside of normal hours.
- A competitive salary
- Early Finish on a Friday
- Company Pension scheme
- 33 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
Hours: Monday – Thursday 08:30am – 17:00pm, Friday 08:30am – 16:00pm
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.