Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Either 06:00 - 18:00 or 08:00 - 20:00
Salary: £10.32 per hour, Average £397.32 per week, £20,660.64 per annum
The bits you need to know:
- 3on3off shift pattern, either 06:00 – 18:00 or 08:00 - 20:00
- 38.5 average hours per week
- £10.32 per hour, Average £397.32 per week, £20,660.64 per annum
- Overtime paid at 1.5 your normal hourly rate
Here at Poole Bakery we make tasty, chilled savoury pastry products for our own Walls brand as well as all major food retailers.
Due to exciting developments on site we are looking for capable individuals to join us as Machine Minders in either our Make or Pack departments. Do not worry all training will be provided so no experience is necessary, for us it is more about having the ability to learn and having a can-do positive attitude.
- Reset equipment and introduce different products and/or materials as necessary to minimise operational downtime and wastage of resources.
- Clean and tidy own work area, and other areas as appropriate to maintain and promote good manufacturing practices (GMP) throughout the factory.
- Communicate progress against target to the Group Leader and other members of the team in order to achieve the team’s daily output.
- Communicate and co-operate with other teams in order to achieve the smooth running of the departmental and company goals.
- Work as instructed and trained in line with the SOP (Standard Operating Practices).
- Report faults so they can be put right quickly, to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Willing to self-develop, learn new skills and be open to new ideas
- Supports and assists their Line Leader, and other teams, in a positive manner
- Demonstrates a can-do positive attitude whilst carrying out daily duties
- Concern for results
- Concern for quality
- Concern for Customer Service
- Listening and responding
- 19 days holiday per year plus Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite free parking
- Hero Awards
- Long Service Awards
Please apply below or alternatively we are holding an open day on Friday, 24th September 2021 at 11am – 12pm, so please come and meet the team an have a tour of the site. 10 – 20 Sterte Avenue West, Poole, BH15 2AS. We look forward to seeing you!
More about us:
Poole Bakery produces chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices. The business has been producing products at its current site since 1937 and previously as Millers of Poole.
Home of the Walls pastry brand, Poole Bakery is proud of its dedicated Research & Development Team and Manufacturing Operations, based on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation is high on its agenda. Poole has a strong culture of consumer insight. This is underpinned by in-depth food knowledge, with dedicated on-site development chefs working on new products that are driven by food values and quality.