Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week, Start time between 7am - 9am
We are currently looking for a SHE Coordinator to join our team at our Dorset Foods site in Shaftsbury.
- Act as a SHE Coordinator with onsite SHE training responsibilities and Front of House support
- Support the business in instilling a positive behavioural safety culture amongst the workforce.
- Carry out work place SHE audits
- Monitor progress of SHE non-conformities
- Lead, train and support the on-site departmental Safety reps.
- Take ownership to ensure all site PPE is compliant and fit for purpose, providing the relevant legal knowledge to the purchasing team
- Support the waste team in engaging the shop floor in correct recycling practices to ensure legal compliance to waste framework directive legislation
- Regular liaison with all levels of employees to encourage site wide SHE engagement including assistance with SHE campaigns.
- Cover for the SHE Manager in their absence, in particular for regulatory announced visits, EA. HSE
- Carry out tool box talks across departments
- Support the onsite Trainers with SHE matters
- Gain a sound understanding of SHE compliance criteria e.g. CCA reporting
- Attend onsite SHE and Works committee meetings, plus external SWWMG and WOHSA meetings
- Assist with external audits for SHE
- Mentor others in new processes and procedures
- Attend training courses as required
- Assist the Trainers with S.O.P matters as required, and act as an SOP lead for the Engineering team
- Write safety briefs and train out to relevant employees
- Source all training records for accidents and any subsequent claims
- Carry out Manual Handling, Chemical and Face Fit training
- Provide CCTV assistance to both HR and Management team when carrying out investigations.
Specific Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of ‘IOSH Managing Safely’ training
- Strong written, numerical and verbal skills
- Proficiency and fluency of English language (oral and written)
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- CCTV operational knowledge would be an advantage
- Environmental training would be an advantage
- Training experience would be an advantage
- Strong motivational and organisational skills
- A demonstrated drive and passion to improve both the Company’s and their own performance
- Understanding of business KPIs and how both SHE and Security impacts on them
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the business, with particular emphasis on the presentation of continuous improvement project work
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Demonstrates job ownership
- Ability to drive change, and actively seek to solve ongoing issues
- Confident to deal with regulatory bodies
We look forward to hearing from you!
More about us:
Dorset Foods is focused on the savoury egg and cooked cocktail sausage categories and has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team.
The business strategy is strongly focused on innovation and reinventing the Scotch egg category. Most recently, this has resulted in the ability to maintain a runny centre in a warm-serve, cooked egg product, which has initially been brought to market by M&S.
Dorset Foods is home to the recently developed Scrummy Egg brand, which will encompass a family of products that are based on this unique ability to produce a runny or soft-set-centred boiled egg that maintains this quality even when re-heated.
The business supplies Scotch egg products into Asda, M&S, Tesco, Morrisons and the convenience channel.