Packing/ Make Bakery Operative
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: • Work half the year on 3on3off shift pattern, eit
Salary: • £9.27 per hour, Average £356.90 per week, £18,558.54 per annum
The bits you need to know:
- Work half the year on 3on3off shift pattern, either 06:00 – 18:00 or 08:00 - 20:00
- 38.5 average hours per week
- £9.27 per hour, Average £356.90 per week, £18,558.54 per annum
- Overtime paid at 1.5 your normal hourly rate
Here at Poole Bakery we make tasty, chilled savoury pastry products for our own Walls brand as well as all major food retailers.
Due to exciting developments on site we are looking for individuals to join us as either Packing or Make Operatives in either our Make or Pack Departments. Do not worry all training will be provided so no experience is necessary! For us it is more about having the ability to learn and having a can-do positive attitude.
- Carry out process or packing tasks associated with the designated manufacturing area, to meet manufacturing targets in line with operating and quality procedures.
- Check products and materials against the quality standards and take corrective action and / or communicate to the appropriate person, to ensure quality and food safety standards are maintained.
- Clean and tidy own work area, and other areas as appropriate to maintain good manufacturing practices (GMP) throughout the factory.
- Communicate and co-operate with other members of the team in order to achieve the teams daily output.
- Coach and assist other team members if they need assistance to increase their knowledge or confidence.
- Report faults with equipment / machinery so they can be put right quickly, to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Work as instructed and trained in line with the SOP (Standard Operating Practices).
- Willing to self-develop, learn new skills and be open to new ideas
- Supports and assists their Line Leader, and other teams, in a positive manner
- Demonstrates a can-do positive attitude whilst carrying out daily duties
- Concern for results
- Concern for quality
- Concern for Customer Service
- Listening and responding
- 19 days holiday per year plus Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite free parking
- Hero Awards
- Long Service Awards
We look forward to hearing from you!
Poole Bakery produces chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices. The business has been producing products at its current site since 1937 and previously as Millers of Poole.
Home of the Walls pastry brand, Poole Bakery is proud of its dedicated Research & Development Team and Manufacturing Operations, based on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation is high on its agenda. Poole has a strong culture of consumer insight. This is underpinned by in-depth food knowledge, with dedicated on-site development chefs working on new products that are driven by food values and quality.