Machine Minder - Dorset Foods
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Rotating weekly 06:00 - 14:00 & 14:00 - 22:00
Salary: £10.18 per hour, Average £373.09 per week, £19,400.68 per annum
The bits you need to know:
- Monday to Friday shift pattern, rotating weekly 06:00–14:00 & 14:00-22:00
- 36.65 average hours per week
- £10.18 per hour, Average £373.09 per week, £19,400.68 per annum
- Overtime paid at 1.5 your normal hourly rate
Here at Dorset Foods we make tasty savoury eggs and cooked cocktail sausages for all major food retailers.
Due to exciting developments on site we are looking for capable individuals to join us as Machine Minders in either our Make or Pack departments. Do not worry all training will be provided so no experience is necessary, for us it is more about having the ability to learn and having a can-do positive attitude.
- Reset equipment and introduce different products and/or materials as necessary to minimise operational downtime and wastage of resources.
- Clean and tidy own work area, and other areas as appropriate to maintain and promote good manufacturing practices (GMP) throughout the factory.
- Communicate progress against target to the Group Leader and other members of the team in order to achieve the team’s daily output.
- Communicate and co-operate with other teams in order to achieve the smooth running of the departmental and company goals.
- Work as instructed and trained in line with the SOP (Standard Operating Practices).
- Report faults so they can be put right quickly, to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Willing to self-develop, learn new skills and be open to new ideas
- Supports and assists their Line Leader, and other teams, in a positive manner
- Demonstrates a can-do positive attitude whilst carrying out daily duties
- Concern for results
- Concern for quality
- Concern for Customer Service
- Listening and responding
- 33 days holiday per year
- Onsite free parking
- Hero Awards
- Long Service Awards
Please apply below and we look forward to seeing you!
More about us:
Dorset Foods is focused on the savoury egg and cooked cocktail sausage categories and has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team.
The business strategy is strongly focused on innovation and reinventing the Scotch egg category. Most recently, this has resulted in the ability to maintain a runny centre in a warm-serve, cooked egg product, which has initially been brought to market by M&S.
Dorset Foods is home to the recently developed Scrummy Egg brand, which will encompass a family of products that are based on this unique ability to produce a runny or soft-set-centred boiled egg that maintains this quality even when re-heated.
The business supplies Scotch egg products into Asda, M&S, Tesco, Morrisons and the convenience channel.