Packing/ Make Operative - Dorset Foods
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: • Rotating weekly Monday to Friday shift, 06:00-14
Salary: • £9.27 per hour, Average £339.74 per week, £17,666.76 per annum
The bits you need to know:
- Work Monday to Friday, rotating weekly either 06:00 – 14:00 or 14:00 - 22:00
- 36.65 average hours per week
- £9.27 per hour, Average £339.74 per week, £17,666.76 per annum
- Overtime paid at 1.5 your normal hourly rate
Here at Dorset Foods we make tasty savoury egg and cooked cocktail sausage for many major food retailers.
Due to exciting developments on site we are looking for individuals to join us as either Packing or Make Operatives in either our Make or Pack Departments. Do not worry all training will be provided so no experience is necessary! For us it is more about having the ability to learn and having a can-do positive attitude.
- Carry out process or packing tasks associated with the designated manufacturing area, to meet manufacturing targets in line with operating and quality procedures.
- Check products and materials against the quality standards and take corrective action and / or communicate to the appropriate person, to ensure quality and food safety standards are maintained.
- Clean and tidy own work area, and other areas as appropriate to maintain good manufacturing practices (GMP) throughout the factory.
- Communicate and co-operate with other members of the team in order to achieve the teams daily output.
- Coach and assist other team members if they need assistance to increase their knowledge or confidence.
- Report faults with equipment / machinery so they can be put right quickly, to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Work as instructed and trained in line with the SOP (Standard Operating Practices).
- Willing to self-develop, learn new skills and be open to new ideas
- Supports and assists their Line Leader, and other teams, in a positive manner
- Demonstrates a can-do positive attitude whilst carrying out daily duties
- Concern for results
- Concern for quality
- Concern for Customer Service
- Listening and responding
- 33 days holiday per year
- Onsite free parking
- Hero Awards
- Long Service Awards
We look forward to hearing from you!
More about us:
Dorset Foods is focused on the savoury egg and cooked cocktail sausage categories and has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team.
The business strategy is strongly focused on innovation and reinventing the Scotch egg category. Most recently, this has resulted in the ability to maintain a runny centre in a warm-serve, cooked egg product, which has initially been brought to market by M&S.
Dorset Foods is home to the recently developed Scrummy Egg brand, which will encompass a family of products that are based on this unique ability to produce a runny or soft-set-centred boiled egg that maintains this quality even when re-heated.
The business supplies Scotch egg products into Asda, M&S, Tesco, Morrisons and the convenience channel.