Maintenance Engineer (Electrically Biased)
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 07:00am - 19:00pm / 19:00pm - 07:00am (Continental
Salary: In Region of £38,000
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking for an Electrically Biased multi-skilled engineer to complement our Engineering team.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. As a member of our Engineering Team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities. These will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactive, planned-preventative maintenance to ensure our existing equipment is able to meet capacity demand and efficiency targets.
- Reactive maintenance to ensure minimal machine downtime.
- Identifying and delivering against opportunities to implement changes and continuous improvement projects to maximise plant efficiencies.
- Assisting with the introduction of new equipment to a market-leading production facility as part of our continued drive for innovation.
- Continuous professional development through industry specific training.
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Experienced multi-skilled maintenance engineer;
- Ability to install and programme an invertor on a three phase induction motor
- Ability to read and fault find on an electrical system
- Fault finding on PLC’s, including the ability to change ladder logic.
- PLC’s predominantly used on site include Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi
- Good knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Good knowledge of Servo Motors
- Strong diagnostic skills and proactive in their approach
- Educated to at least a City & Guilds level 3 or NVQ level 3 in a relevant qualification
- Great communicator
- Team player with the ability to work alone when required
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- Combined Company Pension (8%)
- 33 days holiday entitlement pro-rata based on 3.5 day average working week
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
Please note: This role involves working 12 hour rotating days/nights continental shift pattern, with shifts commencing at 7:00am on the dayshift and 7:00pm on the nightshift.