Junior Development Chef
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:00
Salary: £20,000 p.a.
Poole Bakery is continuously growing and have now an exciting opportunity within the New Product Development team for a Junior Development Chef based at our Poole Bakery site.
Poole Bakery is an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer. Home of the Walls pastry brand, Poole Bakery is proud of its dedicated Research & Development Team and Manufacturing Operations, based on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation is high on its agenda. Poole has a strong culture of consumer insight. This is underpinned by in-depth food knowledge, with dedicated on-site development chefs working on new products that are driven by food values and quality.
The bits you need to know:
• Monday – Friday 08:00am – 17:00pm (occasional flexibility to assist with trials will be required)
• 40 average hours per week
• £20,000 p.a.
What will I be doing?
- To work closely with the Senior Development Chef, Development Chef, wider NPD and Customer Teams, to deliver high quality concepts and recipes.
- Assist with creation and delivery of quality recipes in-line with Customer and Own Brand Standards, in-line with factory current and future capabilities and requirements
- Prepare kitchen product samples to agreed specification for internal and external panels
- Working closely with Senior and Development Chef in compiling menus and preparing customer lunches.
- Actively attend regular site taste panels and drive a commitment to quality using culinary expertise and experience.
What do I need?
• Forward thinking and passionate Chef looking for a development role ideally in the Food Manufacturing sector
• Have a good understanding of current food trends
• Be a genuine ‘foodie’
• Educated to at least a City & Guilds level 3 or NVQ level 3 in a relevant Chef skilled qualification
• Basic Food Hygiene certificates
• Competent in IT applications (Excel, Word)
• Great communicator and comfortable with presenting
• Team player with the ability to work alone when required
lf you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.