Payroll and HR Administrator
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 08:00-17:00
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 p.a. (depending on experience)
Poole Bakery is an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer. We are currently looking for a Payroll and HR Administrator to join our HR team based at our Poole Bakery site.
As a Payroll and HR Administrator you will be responsible for the effective management and coordination, administration and processing of the weekly and monthly payrolls (c. 800 employees), you will also provide administrative support to the HR team members.
- Complete the payroll for all hourly paid employees on site ensuring timescales are adhered to on a weekly basis.
- Complete the payroll for all monthly salaried employees ensuring timescales are adhered to.
- Ensure all employees are paid correctly on their allocated pay day as per their contractual agreement.
- Ensure Time & Attendance system is up to date.
- Produce adhoc reports as and when required.
- Using Kronos and paperwork systems, keep accurate records of both weekly paid & monthly paid employee’s attendance, holiday entitlement and days present.
- Enter personnel information of new employees & reconcile monthly manpower figures and ensure that information matches that held & reported by HR, Finance & Operations.
- General administration and payroll matters, i.e. maternity/paternity, miscellaneous letters, systems maintenance, reports, etc.
- Working with other departments to find better solutions to improve information flow.
- Carry out adhoc projects and tasks as and when required to support the HR and Senior Management Team.
- Payroll experience including processing weekly/ monthly payrolls
- Experience of using payroll software and time & attendance systems (currently using ADP & Kronos)
- Computer literacy: Intermediate level in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent organisation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player.
- Customer focused.
- Flexible in work and in working practices.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines is essential.
- Working in a busy team environment you will need to be an outstanding communicator and confident in liasing with colleagues at all levels, internal and external and have the confidence to investigate data by gaining managers input.
In return we will provide an excellent package with benefits, including:
- 30 days holiday entitlement
- Free parking
- Subsidised Canteen
- Company Pension scheme with company contribution
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00am – 17:00pm
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.