Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 08:30am - 17:00pm
Palethorpes Bakery is an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer. We are currently looking for a Finance Assistant to join our small Finance team on a Full-Time, Permanent basis.
As a Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the Site Management Accountant in the financial performance reporting and forecasting of the site. You will also assist in carrying out any Group Financial Control activities as and when they are required.
- Assist in product costing for all new products and investigation of existing costing where an anomaly is identified in a review.
- Input as into weekly site forecast updates.
- Analysis of costs down to gross margin vs forecasts, identifying risks and opportunities to manage with the Operational team.
- Ad hoc analysis as required by the Management Accountant and wider finance team.
- Drive improvements throughout the processes.
- Assisting analysis of daily operating performance including material and labour variances to the Site Management accountant to review at the daily Variance meeting.
- Assist in the preparation and interpretation of daily/weekly/monthly site KPIs.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong IT skills including strong proficiency in Excel Microsoft Excel
- Excellent Administrative skills
- Experience of Financial Performance Analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of standard costing
- Experience of Financial Reporting and Forecasting in accordance with group policies and deadlines
- Experience working in a Manufacturing (ideally food) Environment would be strongly desirable, but is not essential.
As an employee at Addo Foods you will benefit from:
- Company funded study opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Subsidised Canteen and Staff Shop
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)