Raw Materials Technician
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 06:00am - 18:00pm
Palethorpes Bakery is an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer.
We are currently recruiting for a Raw Materials Technician to join our Technical Team! The Raw Material Technician will hold responsibility for ensuring all Raw Materials & Packaging arrives on site meeting specification and that full traceability is maintained.
- Ensuring materials arriving on site are to specification
- Maintain full traceability log of all Materials coming on to site
- Maintain high Health & Safety standards with yourself and other colleagues
- Ensure any out of specification raw materials are raised with your line manager and that the correct rejection procedure is followed.
- Responsible for ensuring all routine testing schedules are met
- Carry out all prestart checks and record findings
- Maintain an up-to-date database for all raw materials
- Maintain high GMP standards
- Ensure all short specifications are up to date
- Notify and complete supplier non-conformance reports for our of specification materials, ensuring they are returned in a timely manner.
What we are looking for:
- A strong administrator, with an eye for detail
- A strong communicator, with experience communicating with people at all levels, including management
- An Individual who can work both independently and in collaboration with the wider technical team
- A well organised and highly efficient time manager
- Experience of working in high risk/chilled food manufacturing
- Food Safety & HACCP qualification
- A competitive salary
- Company Pension scheme
- 24 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
Working Hours: 06:00am – 18:00pm (including a 1 hour break)
Shift: 4 on 4 off, Rotating Days