QA Technician - Night Shift
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 18:00pm - 06:00am
Palethorpes Bakery is an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer.
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to join our Night Shift on a permanent basis. This is a fast-paced role, so experience working in a QA role prior is essential.
- Maintaining and enhancing relationships with all personnel across all departments.
- Carrying out factory walk rounds on a daily basis, in conjunction with the operations team, to enable GMP standards to be met and maintained.
- Supporting the production teams and other departmental functions in resolving quality and food safety issues.
- Carrying out internal audits, GMP audits, Glass & hard plastic audits, foreign body and customer complaints investigations and support audits by third parties.
- Carrying out traceability from incoming raw materials to finished product dispatch, temperature monitoring and measurement for onsite temperature systems as required.
- TAYGO, Taste panel assessments, raw material & packaging intake inspections as required.
- Making decisions on product food safety, quality and integrity and liaising with the wider Technical team when necessary.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 1 years QA experience
- Strong communicator, including all key stakeholders and site management
- Individuals who can work both independently and in collaboration with the Night Shift Team.
- Confident decision maker
- Experience of working in high risk/chilled food manufacturing
- Food Safety & HACCP qualification
- A competitive salary
- Company Pension scheme
- 24 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
Working Hours: 18:00pm – 06:00am (including a 1 hour break)
Shift: 4 on 4 off, Rotating Nights