Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Monday – Friday in the office, 08:00 – 17:00
Here at Poole Bakery we make tasty, chilled savoury pastry products for our own Walls brand as well as all major food retailers. We are a large food manufacturing site based in Sterte, Poole with approximately 650 employees on site.
The bits you need to know:
- Office based Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00 with 1 hour lunch break
- 40 hours per week
- Part of the HR team, including 5 colleagues and reporting into the HR Manager
To ensure that the HR department provide an accurate and proficient service by giving first line advice and support on company policies and procedures and by providing an efficient and effective administrative support for the HR Department.
- Absence Management (Employee absences up to 3 months)
- Support the business by driving and coordinating absence management through fair application of the attendance management procedures/systems, coaching managers and liaison with occupational health.
- Liaise with Line Managers and Occupational Health to ensure capability issues are controlled & attendance maximised.
- Manage absence cases both persistent short terms, AWOL and long-term sickness, identify trends and proactively address issues of high turnover and sickness.
- Investigate any beliefs of fraudulent or unauthorised absence & use site procedures to actively manage attendance & capability.
- Employment Relations
- Ensure all disciplinary and grievance issues are managed and concluded in a legally compliant, fair and constant manner and meetings are organised with the relevant management/HR & aggrieved individual within a reasonable time frame.
- Provide HR support to the managers by providing advice, taking minutes in disciplinary investigations, and supporting the administrative process.
- Ensure procedural accuracy throughout.
- Reward & Recognition
- Administer hero awards after gaining authorisation from SLT
- Administer Long service award letters as well as arranging a presentation annually in October.
- Organise and create weekly snapshot, whilst following the correct authorisation process
- Organise all retirement presentations, including diary invites to relevant Managers, team members as well as purchasing gifts in conjunction with the Finance Department
- Attend works committee meetings along with the HR manager to take minute and carry out any applicable actions
- Maintain filing systems ensuring effective retrieval of documents and information is held inline with data protection legislation.
- Provide cover for the Senior HR Advisor and HR Advisor (Recruitment, Onboarding, Early Careers and Training) when they are not in the business
- Carry out ad-hoc projects and tasks as and when required to support the HR Team and Senior Management Team of the business.
- From time to time you may be required to undertake duties as directed by the company, or other roles that the company believes are reasonable.
- CIPD Level 5 or working towards
- One year in a previous HR advisor/ HR Officer role
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Experience of working in unionised environment would be beneficial
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great time management / planning and organising skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks instinctively
- Able to develop and build strong working relationships with both Line Managers and employees
- IT literate, MS Word, Excel and ATS software.
- Team Player
- Positive can-do attitude
- Friendly and approachable
- Passionate for the role
- 30 days holiday per year plus Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite free parking
- Hero Awards
- Long Service Awards
Poole Bakery produces chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices. The business has been producing products at its current site since 1937 and previously as Millers of Poole.
Home of the Walls pastry brand, Poole Bakery is proud of its dedicated Research & Development Team and Manufacturing Operations, based on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation is high on its agenda. Poole has a strong culture of consumer insight. This is underpinned by in-depth food knowledge, with dedicated on-site development chefs working on new products that are driven by food values and quality.
****To apply please send you CV/Resume to email@example.com****