Despatch Team Leader
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Salary: £28 - £30,000
Dorset Foods are recruiting for a Despatch Team Leader for their very busy despatch department, at their production site in Shaftesbury, Dorset. Dorset Foods are part of “The Compleat Food Group”, whose aim is to be the UK’s No1 Chilled Prepared Food Company, through having an enviable and extensive product and client portfolio across the chilled savoury pastry, continental meats, olives & antipasti and a rapidly expanding plant-based range.
We are looking for a talented candidate with experience in running a despatch function (ideally in chilled food), who will be accountable for the day to day running of the despatch department, ensuring customer orders are fulfilled on time & in full with support from the operations team with the correct integrity and traceability.
Why join The Compleat Food Group? It is a very exciting time to join us at the moment, with the amount of growth in the business and future plans to grow even more, it gives real opportunity for career progression and personal development. You will be joining a talented and supportive team at Dorset who strive for improvement and challenge for better all the time.
- Salary £28,000 - £30,000
- Company Pension Scheme
- 24 days annual holiday
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and support the day to day running of the full Despatch area, focusing on:
- Maintaining GMP Standards in the Despatch Chiller
- Labour availability, shift patterns and holiday cover of the despatch team
- Liaising with the team to manage the day to day picking operation
- Ensure all vehicles are loaded/unloaded in a safe and timely manner, whilst maintaining integrity and temperature management at all times
- Assist/audit the paperwork systems.
- Ensuring the team are filling out all required paperwork correctly and assist with modernising the current system. (load manifests, Vehicle logs etc) .
- To manage and maintain your share of the equipment accounts (CHEP, IPP, Logtek) ensuring sufficient equipment is on site to supply customers.
- Whilst maintaining reverse logistics accounts to ensure stocks are accurate and charges are kept to a minimum.
- Proven ability to work at pace and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels & ability to influence and work well with others in a friendly manner.
- Good standard of general education (including Maths & English).
- Ability to work individually and with a sensible degree of flexibility.
- Essential – Basic Microsoft office skills.
- Desirable - Previous fork-lift driving experience in the food / FMCG industry.
We would love to hear from talented individuals looking to further their career, or ready to take on a supervisory role.
If you are interested or think you are suitable for this role, please contact Beth Eley on the email address below:
****To apply please email your CV / resume to: email@example.com****