Type: Temporary - Full Time
Hours: Monday- Thursday 08:30am - 17:00pm, Friday 08:30 - 16:00pm
Location: Market Drayton
Type: Maternity cover - Full Time, 12 months Fixed Term contract
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 08:30am – 17:00pm; Friday 08:30am – 16:00pm
Salary: competitive / negotiable
Palethorpes Bakery is an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer. We are currently looking for a Process Technologist to join our NPD team on maternity cover 12-month Fixed Term contract. This is a fast-paced role, so experience working in a similar role prior is essential.
A competitive rate of pay
24 days annual leave holiday entitlement
Free Car Parking
Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
PPE will be provided
- To effectively deliver NPD and Continuous Improvement agenda, in-line with the Addo Food Group and customer category plans. Ensuring all development is delivered to agreed profitability and timescales, in-line with both Addo and customer requirements.
- Effective delivery of the NPD / EPD process from kitchen handover to launch in line with customer category plans and Addo agenda as directed by the Development Controller.
- Process trials post kitchen handover.
- Completing documentation needed.
- Managed launch into factory.
- Support development team from concept to launch.
- To understand and drive proactive process development initiatives which push production boundaries.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with various teams as required by manager / projects.
- Organise and attend as necessary project meetings and panels.
- Promote Health and Safety culture,
- General office duties.
- Due to the nature of the role, you may be required to cover weekends and night shifts.
What we are looking for:
• Competent in use of customer portals
• Ability to evaluate and interpret shelf-life results and other technical data
• Expert in interpretation of customer codes of practise and delivery of BRC certification and / or equivalent certification standards
• Project management
• Demonstrates expertise in applying food legislation to manufacturing
• Capable of identifying and solving root causes of complex problems
• Managing and developing people
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and manage a busy workflow
• Demonstrate a flexible approach to role responsibilities
- HND / Degree in food based/ manufacturing subject
- Process technologist experience in chilled sector
- HACCP / Food Safety Training
- Customer specification systems
- Planning, organisation and project management
- Communicating at different levels of seniority
- Presentation skills
- Experience at leading and running trials
- Analysis of data from trials
- Identifying solutions
- Basic computing skills
- Experience within similar work environment
****To apply please email your CV / resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org***