Shift Maintenance Engineer - Elec Bias
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Panama Shift 05:45 - 17:45 / 17:45 - 05:45
To provide multi-skilled engineering support to the production stream working as part of the engineering team, responsible for providing a comprehensive maintenance function covering plant, equipment and auxiliary services.
In addition the Engineering Technician will strive to continuously improve asset performance by engaging in continuous improvement and problem solving activities.
Specific Skill Requirements:
- Time Served Multi-Skilled Technician Apprenticeship or Electrical/Mechanical Apprenticeship with additional recognised training
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance (Electrical and Mechanical) or Level 3 BTEC in Engineering or ONC/D in Engineering
- Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills
- Proficiency and fluency of English language (oral and written)
- Ability to demonstrate good computer competency in MS Office and any CMMS systems
- Strong competence in both mechanical and electrical engineering, with a bias towards electrical engineering
- Understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Demonstrate PLC programming and system diagnosis skills
- Knowledge of circuit boards, computer hardware and software
- Experience of CAD system usage for electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings
- Can demonstrate understanding and previous use of continuous improvement tools and techniques including:
- Team oriented to enable production and engineering department to reach targets
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Demonstrates job ownership
- Embraces change, adaptable and maintains effectiveness in varying environments
- Committed to continuous process and personal improvement
- Learns quickly in a changing environment
- Can demonstrate a logical approach to fault diagnosis
- 24 days holiday + 3 bank Hols ( Xmas, Boxing day and New Year’s day)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Plan
- Long Service Awards
- Subsidised Canteen
- Onsite free and secure car park
Poole Bakery produces chilled savory rolls, savory hot pies, pasties and slices. The business has been producing products at its current site since 1937 and previously as Millers of Poole.
Home of the Walls pastry brand, Poole Bakery is proud of its dedicated Research & Development Team and Manufacturing Operations, based on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation is high on its agenda. Poole has a strong culture of consumer insight. This is underpinned by in-depth food knowledge, with dedicated on-site development chefs working on new products that are driven by food values and quality.
We look forward to hearing from you.