Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 DOE
- Effective leadership of the materials call off team and management of the raw materials call-off process.
- To ensure that the call-off of raw materials and packaging are executed and made available at the right time, in the right place and in the right quantity to meet our production plans and schedules.
- Work with the planning team to understand the daily planning of production areas in a timely manner and at lowest possible cost.
MRP / ERP
- Identify MRP Requirements - responsible for executing the MRP process on a daily and weekly basis to ensure production planning and scheduling requirements are met.
- Master data management – create and maintain items in ERP system - Infor M3; maintain accurate BOMs.
- Inventory stock management – cycle counts, checks, discrepancies, returns to suppliers.
- Manage supplier inventory - responsible for analysing inventory and proposing opportunities to further develop VMI with the suppliers.
- Raw Materials and packaging call offs - responsible for calling of required raw material and packaging items based on production plan whilst adhering to target inventory levels and taking into account their lead time.
- Identifying missing materials (shortages) - responsible for identifying any missing materials and expediting at the least cost to ensure meeting production planning requirements and escalating where necessary.
Communication with Suppliers
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with all suppliers.
- Monitor supplier’s performance on regular basis.
- Communicate any changes to the supply chain base on raw materials requirements effectively; work closely with the procurement and technical teams for approving new suppliers/raw materials for the site.
- Immediate communication of any contract issues.
Internal Customer Service
- Work closely with planning team to create production plans to fulfil customer demand.
- Good communication with NPD for launches / changes. Attending any meetings required.
- Drive process improvement and new strategies and ways of working for inventory management.
Specific Skill Requirements:
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Good numerical skills
- Great attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Data capture skills
- Computer literacy including systems; Infor M3, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Understand the planning process and the impact on raw materials planning
- 30 days holiday + 3 bank Hols ( Xmas, Boxing day and New Year’s day)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Plan
- Long Service Awards
- Subsidised Canteen
- Onsite free and secure car park
Poole Bakery produces chilled savory rolls, savory hot pies, pasties and slices. The business has been producing products at its current site since 1937 and previously as Millers of Poole.
Home of the Walls pastry brand, Poole Bakery is proud of its dedicated Research & Development Team and Manufacturing Operations, based on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation is high on its agenda. Poole has a strong culture of consumer insight. This is underpinned by in-depth food knowledge, with dedicated on-site development chefs working on new products that are driven by food values and quality.
We look forward to hearing from you.