Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5pm
Salary: Competitive Salary
Riverside Bakery (part of Addo Food Group) is the UK’s leading chilled quiche manufacturer. The business has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team, focused on driving product innovation and quality in its category. The bakery has had significant investment in the last few years which has allowed the business to develop new state of the art manufacturing assets, ranging from being highly automated to highly flexible.
We are looking for a SHE Manager to join our team on a Permanent basis. The role is based in a fast-paced chilled food environment, which requires initiative and an ability to “think on your feet”.
Riverside Bakery is a great place to work and we believe that stems from the quality of the people we employ. We believe in providing our staff with a working enviro
- 5 years minimum SHE experience with a strong FMCG Manufacturing background.
- Relevant SHE professional qualifications: NEBOSH National General Certificate as a minimum
- Proven record of success in SHE with strong understanding and exposure to Operations, Engineering, Distribution and Supply Chain.
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of SHE Management Systems, Environmental, Fire and Hygiene processes, Incident Reporting and Investigation procedures, Auditing and Safety Systems and processes.
- Food safety City & Guilds Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene (or willingness to complete)
- Prior experience in formulating, implementing and revising SHE policies and procedures.
- Experience of a Environment Agency Permitted site and the use of F Gas/Ammonia refrigeration
- Technical expert on safety & environmental
- Able to work with a ‘hands on’ approach
- Articulate with a high level of communication skills (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- To be able to apply reason and persuasion, when needed, in order to promote action and implement change.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the confidence and ability to present to groups from all disciplines and levels.
- Have a sound understanding of the principles of risk assessment techniques and how they are to be applied in this environment.
nment that encourages opportunity and allows potential to be fulfilled. We also embrace diversity. Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive pay; pension; occupational health; subsidised employee canteen; long service awards; and an employee car park.